These pages provide all necessary forms and details for NEPCA’s annual conference.
Links are also embedded below, but you can click these for:
Where is the next conference?
NEPCA’s 2013 fall conference will be held on the campus of St. Michael’s College in Colchester, Vermont, the weekend of October 25-26, 2013. The deadline for proposals is June 10, 2103.
Colchester is a suburb of Burlington, Vermont’s largest city. Burlington has a small airport and Winooski is adjacent to Essex Junction, which has (limited) Amtrak service. It is also an easy drive from cities with larger regional airports: Boston, New York, Montreal, Portland, Providence, and Manchester, NH.
Please note that participants in NEPCA conferences are responsible for their own transportation. NEPCA does not provide shuttle or van service to airports or rail stations.
What sort of proposals are appropriate?
NEPCA welcomes both individual papers and complete panels. We also encourage works in progress, and informal presentations. The only restrictions on presentations are:
- The proposal should be rooted in research. We do not automatically exclude original poetry, composed works of fiction, or musical/dance/storytelling performance, but such works must be connected to greater theoretical and research frameworks.
- NEPCA generally avoids proposals whose intent is overtly commercial.
- Proposals should appeal to a broad audience.
If you need advice on proposals, click here for a list of area chairs. You can contact the appropriate chair for advice. If you do not see an area that matches your proposal, send it to the chair for Miscellaneous.
To submit a proposal, do the following:
- Fill out the NEPCA PAPER PROPOSAL FORM found in this section (or click on link). Attach a one-page CV.
- Submit this form (electronically) to both the conference program chairs and the appropriate area chair. These can be found in this section.
- Area chairs can also help you determine whether your proposal needs refining. You should consult with the area chair before finalizing your proposal and submitting it to the program chair.
- Upon acceptance, fill out the 2013 Registration Form found in this section and return it to NEPCA’s Executive Secretary in advance of the conference. If you do not preregister, NEPCA might have to repost a call for papers and remove you from the conference lineup.
Click here for a list of area chairs.
NEPCA PAPER PROPOSAL FORM
(Send a one-page CV to the program and area chair when you submit this form)
–Exactly as you’d like to see it listed. (No titles listed.)
–As you’d like to see it listed. (Choose just one. If none at present, use
Name of Your Paper: _______________________________________
–List the one you consult most regularly.
–List the one you use most.
Please confine this abstract to 250 to 400 words. Bear in mind that it must be
understandable to a committee, some of whose members may not be experts in your
discipline. NEPCA also encourages the use of “plain” speech over specialized jargon.
How do I double check to make sure I’ve submitted everything?
Use this convenient check list:
[ ] Completed the Paper Proposal Form?
[ ] Sent the above plus a one-page CV to both the Program Chair and Area Chair?
[ ] Completed the Conference Registration Form and sent it and a check for your conferences fees to the Executive Secretary? (The address is on the form.)