These pages provide all necessary forms and details for NEPCA’s annual conference.
If any link fails to work when clicked, RIGHT CLICK on the link and choose “Open in New Tab.” It will appear at the top of your screen and can be opened there.
Links are also embedded below, but you can click these for:
Where is the next conference?
NEPCA’s 2015 fall conference will be held on the campus of Colby-Sawyer College, the weekend of October 30-31, 2015. The deadline for proposals is June 15 2015. Please note: Some areas might extend the deadline–check the Website home page for updates.
Colby-Sawyer is located in New London, NH. Look for updates about transportation, lodging, etc.
What sort of proposals are appropriate?
NEPCA welcomes both individual papers and complete panels. We also encourage works in progress, and informal presentations. The only restrictions on presentations are:
- The proposal should be rooted in research. We do not automatically exclude original poetry, composed works of fiction, or musical/dance/storytelling performance, but such works must be connected to greater theoretical and research frameworks.
- NEPCA generally avoids proposals whose intent is overtly commercial.
- Proposals should appeal to a broad audience.
If you need advice on proposals, click here for a list of area chairs. You can contact the appropriate chair for advice. If you do not see an area that matches your proposal, send it to the chair for Miscellaneous.
To submit a proposal, do the following:
- Fill out the NEPCA PAPER PROPOSAL AND REGISTRATION FORM found in this section (or click on link).
- Submit this form (electronically) to both the conference program chairs and the appropriate area chair. These can be found in this section.
- Area chairs can also help you determine whether your proposal needs refining. You should consult with the area chair before finalizing your proposal and submitting it to the program chair.
- Upon acceptance, register using either PayPay or by sending a check to: Robert Weir: 15 Woods Road, Florence, MA 01062. If you send a check, kindly copy the 2015 Registration Form and send it with the check. IMPORTANT: If you do not preregister, NEPCA might have to repost a call for papers and remove you from the conference lineup. This is due August 31, though immediate registration is preferred. Those registering after August 31 might be bumped unless you confirm otherwise with the Program Chair.
The program chair for 2015 is: Kraig Larkin: Kraig.Larkin@colby-sawyer.edu
You should consult this list regularly as Area Chairs often change before the conference. Here is the current list of area chairs.
How do I double check to make sure I’ve submitted everything?
Use this convenient check list:
[ ] Completed the Paper Proposal and Registration Form?
[ ] Sent the above to both the Program Chair and Area Chair?
[ ] Received official confirmation that my paper has been accepted?
[ ] Completed the Conference Registration Form and sent it and a check for your conferences fees to the Executive Secretary? (The address is on the form.) Or, you can use Pay Pal to pay fees.
IMPORTANT: If you register by PayPal, make certain that YOUR NAME is attached to the payment. You should also send a copy of the completed PROPOSAL AND REGISTRATION FORM to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you have registered. If you have used someone else’s PayPal or checking account to pay, please indicate this or there is no way for NEPCA to connect the payee name to the registrant.